Metro Surface Station Refurbishment.
Draughtec have started work on the reinvigoration of the North Shields Metro Station, as owner Nexus pours £22m into that section of the line. The station is used by two million passengers a year, and will be rebuilt with a bigger concourse and lifts to a design that Nexus feel will match the recent refurbishment of Haymarket station
The 5,500 passengers who pass through stations there every day will benefit from the upgraded stations, replacement tracks, power lines and signal systems, and the strengthening of bridges and embankments, will also take place.
The scheme is part of an 11-year, £385m programme of upgrading the whole of the Metro system, using money awarded by the Government last year.
Email to Friend
Fill in the form below to send this news item to a friend:
- Metro Surface Station Refurbishment.
- DraughTec Designs the UK's First Carbon Negative School.
- DraughTec unveils mascot.
- Draughtec Completes Avery Dennison Platforms
- RWE npower renewables, Gwynt y Môr Offshore Wind Farm
- General Mills - Jus-Rol Berwick.
- New Nissan Battery Plant.
- Draughtec to work on Strafford City Project.
- DraughTec makes the Skills Pledge